Tuesday 3 October 2017

A Short Q & A with Amy Green, Boxing Publicist

Amy has written articles and performed interviews with fighters and personalities in the sport of boxing for The Boxing Tribune.  As a publicist, Amy creates opportunities for client publicity.   Amy will be providing some input to the Female Boxing Now FaceBook Page.

Amy Green

Amy was kind enough to answer a few questions for FBN.

What is your current involvement with boxing?

I am currently a boxing publicist.  I create and maintain press opportunities for my clients and their events.  I currently have two female clients,  Christy Martin and Terri Moss.  I have been with Terri since 2010.

How long have you been involved with boxing and what drew you to the sport?

I've been in boxing since 2003 or 4, and watched boxing with my father growing up

Why is boxing a good sport for women?

Boxing allows them to show their strength, versatility and commitment to succeed.

Can you elaborate on how you have contributed to the advancement of women in the sport? 

If I have in any way, I hope I've encouraged women in all aspects of the sport to never give up, always try and find a way to create your success.

Can you tell us more about the program "A Ring of Their Own" and how you contributed to it?

I was the publicist for A Ring of Their Own.

Boxing has been growing in popularity as a form of exercise for women.  Do you think this results in more women moving into competitive boxing?

It has created more interest and there are women competing at different amateur levels, if they're not going into the pros.

Women's boxing has also been growing in popularity with the addition of women's boxing to the olympics and with former olympic boxers turning pro.  Where do you see this leading in the next 5-10 years?

I hope finally out of the Dark Ages. With the depth of the sport increasing and the skill level, women's boxing will finally, FINALLY gain the respect and recognition that has been so hard fought to achieve.

Who is your favourite female fighter - past, present and future - and why?

I can't really name any one fighter. 

What are your goals with regard to women's boxing?

I'd have to reference one of the previous questions - to finally have the fighters get the respect and recognition they deserve and for women that work in the other roles in boxing to be seen as a force to be reckoned with in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment